Years of Experience Required : 3 +
The Associate Principal Engineer / Senior Engineer will be responsible for development and unit testing of Loyalty business applications, feature releases, enhancements and Level 3 support for the Group.
The individual will own the development of business applications assigned to him / her through requirement analysis of Functional & Technical solutions provided by Technical Product Manager & Architect, provide effort estimate, ensure quality & timely development, unit testing and deployment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The primary job duties and responsibilities will include:
- Understanding the Functional requirements & specification and, working with the Engineering
- Estimating the Development effort as part of project planning
- Setting up hardware and software requirements for the development.
- Developing and maintaining the code for the assigned business application as per standards.
- Updating the review comments on developed code.
- Tracking the new requirements / change request for the project.
- Attending the regular scrum meetings and discussing the weekly status with the Engineering and Program manager.
- Developing unit test cases with Non-Functional requirements and carrying out development activities of the project / program
- Ensuring defects reported in QA, UAT and Pilot are fixed within project schedule and timelines
- Ensure system hygiene checks and necessary actions to ensure system efficiencies and up times
- Proactively identifying and managing any application risks.
- Providing level 3 support to applications & interfaces already deployed in production
- Ensuring prompt rectification of detected defects.
Manager & Architect to create technical solution
The candidate is required to have:
- B.E. degree in Computer Science, Graduate in Software Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in the Development background with at least 3 years’
- Min 1 year of experience in any Messaging Queue e.g. Apache Kafka, ActiveMQ etc
- Hands on experience on Web services with REST is must and SOAP is nice to have.
- Good command and hands on experience working on tool set like Eclipse IDE, SQL clients.
- Experience using Application server like tomcat, Jboss, TomCat, Wildfly, glassfish (any 2 is must).
- Should have hands on experience in using tools like SOAP UI, POSTMAN
- Ability to write SQL queries to fetch data.
- Knowledge of Micro services, Redis Cache and Mongo DB (or any other NoSQL) would be an added advantage
- Knowledge of RETAIL domain would be added advantage
- Knowledge of JIRA and Agile Scrum process would be an advantage
experience in Java, Spring, Sprint Boot, Hibernate or JPA, MySQL, Oracle, Spring MVC.
The candidate is expected to possess the following skills:
- Ability to work in Individual contributor role in a team environment.
- A minimum of four years in a professional senior engineer role.
- Strong analytical skills
- Should have good communication skills
- Pro-active in problem resolutions with good coordination skills
The job will be based in Mumbai with limited travel to Business Unit or Partner locations, as and when required.